Monday, February 9, 2009

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood...

Hello folks. It's been a lovely, mellow day here at the Summers Home For The Perpetually Bewildered. The temperature was mild, in the upper 50's, and tomorrow it's supposed to be even warmer, the hi 60's. Not bad for Indiana in February.

Today I worked on getting a website together for a friend who does not do computers. She creates really beautiful jewelry , fun jewelry, whimsical jewelry (but then who doesn't these days :O). I hope that didn't come across as snide. It was't intended to. Anyway, my system here at home has issues so I worked on the website at her house. I didn't take any web site goodies with me, alas. So Iwas kinda stuck using what the program had available. Not a whole heck of a lot. I'll be working on it a bit more tomorrow but I will take a disc of goodies with me. I don't expect to win any design awards. I just want to make a nice showcase for her work.

I take pictures of Kathy-Ann's work and my own. Some of them are even
good. I have a photographer daughter who does wonderful work too, and I
can't seem to get her to give me a hand. Which I suppose could be considered
a good thing since she's a perfectionist about her artistry be it photography, illustration, or whatever else she's involved in. ----------->Charlotte----->
(I don't know what happened to the spacing. It looked fine before I previewed it :O/ )

The quality of the pictures on a web site make a big difference. Like I'm telling you somethig you don't already know. LOL So I'm cleaning them up and trying
to make them presentable. Once it's published I'll post the site here so you can all trek over there and see what I ended up with.

And now for the marketing part of our show. ;O} I'm still trying to drum up business for my critters and switchplates. I checked the search box on Etsy last night and only a couple of my switchplates showed up. :O/ Upon investigation I found I had misspelled it and had only listed the plural. So I changed 'em all adding the singular tag as well. Now on a switchplate or switchplates search mine show up just fine. But don't take my word for it, go see for yourself.
( insert big grin here)

And that reminds me, I really miss Reading Rainbow. I thought Lavar Burton did a very nice job. Made me wanna go read a kiddie book. Speaking of missing things and people, Captain Kangaroo is on my list. And Mr. Greenjeans, and Dancing Bear, and Bunny Rabbit and Mr. Moose and the Grandfather clock, "One, Two, Three, GRANDFATHER!"

Thanks for staying with me until the end. Take care.

--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment