Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I didn't realize just how long I've let y'all go without an update. The most important thing, I think, is that Marty has been laid off. He is now among the ranks of the unemployed and job searchers. I'm sorry he lost his job but it's been grand having him home. I'll enjoy the $$ when he is again working but I will miss his company.

Kathy-Ann and I will be doing the Horror Hound Weekend when it next is in Indpls. Kathy's sister-in-law thinks we would do well there so we're going to give it a go. She, sister-in-law Christie, and Charlotte are seriously considering a photo booth there as well. I have been trying to talk Charlotte into something like this for ages now.

The newest members of our household are Mr. Nibbles and Nizumi. Mr. Nibbles is a hooded, black and white rat who is about one year old. He is huge! Nizumi, on the other hand is only three months old, is a pale butterscotch color and is very small. Nizumi is a sweetheart and loves to cuddle. Mr. Nibbles has not been very well socialized and I hope is not developing a taste for human flesh. We've all been nipped at least once. He really loves to get treats and if his mouth is full (of treats not fingers! lol) he will accept scratchies behind his ears. Just do not poke your finger into the cage! But he has learned that treats only come from the open top of the cage and not through the bars.
I had worried about them getting along but Mr. Nibbles has imparted the rules to the little guy and as long as Nizumi doesn't sleep in the food dish they get along very well. Nizumi even sleeps atop Mr. Nibbles, draped across his neck or back or curled up at his side with Mr. Nibbles big-ol'-tail wrapped around him. ahhhhh.

School here is out the 29th of May. Then Xander will be home and we can have some lengthy gross out mommy time. he he he Xander has been playing soccer. His dad, Jason, is coaching again this year. He does a pretty good job coaching. Xander, however, is never going to be a pro soccer player unless twirling and skipping and mugging for the side line cameras becomes a plus.

Oh yes, I have a great new work up on both my Etsy site and my ArtFire site. There will be more to follow but I want to add a bit more slowly so I can take advantage of the forum promotion topic "what have you listed new today?" But I have some cool stuff to list so keep looking.
I think I have bitten off more than I can manage with the gallery sites. ArtFire and Etsy I am keeping up with adequately but FoundMyself and noBullART seem to be left wanting. I like the sites but am just not up to keeping them up and that makes me a bit sad.

Notice the new avatar? Ain't I a cutie nudie? Charlotte decided I needed an updated caricature, one that reflected the new, older me. lol Oh, and she does do caricatures for reasonable money. Just e-mail her twylightb@hotmail.com tell her her mother sentcha.

I shall leave you with my desk top wall paper. I have used it for years and I don't get tired of it. I have changed it a time or two but then I miss it and put it back. The artist is Donald Roller Wilson and he paints animals in clothing, in little scenes, portraiture. I don't care for that type of subject matter even when it's well done but his work is such fun. And then "Cookie in the garden" stole my heart. Here she is:


That's about it for this time. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day whether or not you're a mom.

Happiness and Joy Always
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment