Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Spring is here, Oh yes Spring is here" she sang

Happy Spring y'all! It's about time, too. The temperature here in good ol' Indiana is still a bit chill sometimes. It seems, as usual, Indiana can't make up it's mind what kind of weather to have. Anyway, regardless of the temperature, I've been working on getting things ready for the show this Saturday. My living room is full of bins of critters and their accompanying displays and boxes.

I've been working on the mini critters and I have some real charmers. Today I finished a little white pearl dragon that I'm gonna have trouble letting go and a sleepy-eyed pearl unicorn. The unicorn is sweet but not the heart grabber the dragon is.

My sis, Kathy-Ann (remember her?), got a custom request for a prayer bead/charm bracelet. I helped her design it and it's lovely. It's for a specific childbirth. The truly personal beads are the most fun and rewarding to do. The "generic" ones are good, too, but there is just something special about making an item personal.

Of course, in my ramblings I have found another artist to bring to your attention. This one designs and makes soap. Yeah, I know, who doesn't? It seems that if we don't make soap we design jewelry. lol Now, calm down, I wasn't being disparaging, there are some really great bath and body people out there and the jewelry designers...well, there isn't enough of me to wear all the beautiful things I've seen. It's hard to stand out from the crowd. But that's what this Texas artisian has done. This isn't your everyday, scrub-em-up, type of soap, she has combined utility with beauty beautifully. Take a look for yourself...

Visit Enchanted Soap Favors and browse. Buy. She has some truly lovely designs.

Thanks for staying with me to the end. Stay well and happy Spring!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment