Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

WoW! Happy New Year to you all! 2010 already. I just love living in the future.

I hope your Holidays have been lovely. I know mine have been wonderful. Friends, family, food, all the things that make life worthwhile. Well, lotsa love and clay help too.

So before I share my new work I want to give you a little update on the life and times of me.

Mr. Nibbles had a stroke and we lost him. :O( sadness) We have a new kitty, Seamus. He is an orange tabby rescue. He is such a well mannered fellow. He lets us know when he needs to go out--no litter box in the house. He knocks on the door when he wants to come in. He is very vocal about little things like food and water or lack thereof. Are you ready for this one? He stays off the kitchen table and the counters! Who wouldn't want a kitty like that? :O/ Well, whoever went off and left him really lost out 'cause he's ours now.

I took a break from the clay and made some really nice knot work jewelry. It can be found on both Etsy and ArtFire. I donated quite a bit to the the Santa Shop at the elementary school. I thought it would be a nice change from the Worlds greatest Dad mugs and faux Precious Moments figurines. I love the Santa Shop. No child is kept away. EVERY child can get gifts for their families regardless of if they have $$ or not.

We've all had our share of the winter illnesses but seem to be doing okay in spite of it all.

Marty is still in the market for a job. But we're hanging in there. I don't care much for the other choices so hanging in it is.

Charlotte has the promised paper dolls about half done. They are SO cute. I hope that one day you will be able to see that for yourself.

I did not "take advantage" of the Online Stores, Inc very expensive offer of marketing my wares/website. But I did get lots of info at their workshop--and for a lot less money, I might add. So I am in the process of implementing some of their suggestions.

Now, it is time for the self promotional part of our program. I have wanted to do Alice in Wonderland figures for ages and I finally have. So far I have five finished. I noticed that Artfire. . . or was it Etsy? had Tweedledum and Tweedledee on the front page this evening and they weren't badly done either. My Alice guys can be found on both my Etsy and my ArtFire sites. Here is a preview of 'em, though.


The Dormouse

White Rabbit



Cheshire Cat

Mad Hatter

Catterpillar
you can't see it here but this fellow has long curled antennae. It is so cool looking.


thanks for staying with me until the end. I wish you all the best in 2010.
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment